Monday 10 December 2018

Retiring Mrs Vickers!!

We have some breaking news!! Mrs Vickers is Retiring!! Well, next year. On Thursday, we had a powhiri to welcome our new principal, Mrs Hamilton.

Katrina did the welcoming, while the senior block did a haka in the background. I did most of the talking. After I introduced myself to Mrs Hamilton, Leanah started singing a waiata and everyone joined in.

Then Mrs Hamilton stood up and talked about how wonderfully organised we were at our powhiri. After the powhiri, Mrs Riley thanked us for how well we behaved and guess what!! She nearly cried!! Luckily Mr Reid was there to hug her. Awwww!! I guess he does care!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Saluselo,

    It’s Leslie here, writing to you from Canada where it’s very cold and snowy. Hard for you to imagine, I’m sure! I’m a member of the Summer Learning Journey team and I notice that you wrote a beautiful posting about the retirement of Mrs. Vickers and your role in helping to host that event. Well done!

    I think that you might really enjoy some of the activities in the Summer Learning Journey program because they invite you to be creative and to talk about things that are special to you, such as your favourite foods, your favourite activities and what you most like about your home. There's also lots of information about the unusual and unique plants and animals that live in New Zealand and in other countries around the world. And there are stories of some of the amazing things New Zealanders have done. Really interesting!

    There are still 3 full weeks left to participate in the Summer Learning Journey program called “The World Around Us”. Here’s the website address: www.summerlearningjourney.co.nz I hope you’ll take a look and try some of the activities. I’ll look for your postings and write back to you from Canada.

    Meanwhile, have a really happy summer holiday.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.