Thursday 10 January 2019

Three Fun Facts About New Zealand!!

There are a lot of fun facts about New Zealand but I am going to tell you three of my favourite facts about New Zealand.

1. The Maori name for New Zealand is actually Aotearoa which means "The Land Of The Long White Cloud".

2. Like every other country,in New Zealand,  to become a New Zealand citizen, you have to say and swear the oath of loyalty to Queen Elizabeth.

3. Did you know that the official  language of New Zealand is English and Maori?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Saluselo,

    It's so wonderful that you've started to do some of the Summer Learning Journey activities!!! I'm really happy to be reading your blog!!!

    This is Leslie writing to you from my home in Canada where it's very very very cold today. I wore every piece of warm clothing that I own when I went out walking with our dog, Spirit, this afternoon. But the sun was shining and the sky was blue so I didn't mind the cold at all.

    Needless to say, a 'fun fact' about the part of Canada that I live in is that we have a long winter.

    I like the fun facts you chose to share about your country, New Zealand. Because my grandson lives in Auckland and is half Maori, I was aware that you have 2 official languages. I think that's really cool!

    Were there many facts that you didn't know about, that surprised you about your own country?

    I hope you'll continue to look for more interesting activities to do. You have lots of time left before the Summer Learning Journey program ends so keep going. And I'll look forward to reading your postings!!

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.